1 dic 2014

DOUBLE LIFE

Listen to the interview. Read the text while you are listening. Then record yourself and compare your recording with the original. This will improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills!!


1 What do you do?
I’m an artist. I draw and paint pictures for magazines, books, CD covers – all kinds of things.

 
2 Where do you work?
I work at home. I have a room just for working in.

 
3 How many hours do you work?
I normally work about eight hours a day, from 9.30 to 5.30. Sometimes I work again in the evenings or at weekends, when I’m in a hurry to finish a picture.

 
4 Do you earn a lot of money?
It depends. I earn from about £250 to £3,000 for a picture. Sometimes I have a lot of work but sometimes I don’t. That’s a problem. And I don’t have paid holidays.

 
5 Do you like your job? Why?
Yes. I love it, because every day is different, and I like using my imagination.



6 What don’t you like about your job?
It’s stressful when I need to work fast and the ideas don’t come. And sometimes it’s lonely when you don’t work with other people.

 
7 How do you relax after work?
I play the bass in a band called International Airport. We play at weekends in pubs and clubs.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario